One of the commonest dental anomalies is tooth discoloration or staining. Most people that have stained or discolored teeth have a hard time smile and even talking in public. If you have been suffering in silence because of tooth discoloration, it is time to get a perfect smile with the best Teeth Whitening in Lafayette LA. Here is what you need to know about the process.
What causes tooth discoloration?
Naturally, the enamel of the tooth has a white shiny luster. However, there are certain things that can interfere with this whiteness. These include:
1. Smoking: One of the main components of cigarette smoke is tar. Tar causes a brown coating on the surface of the teeth, and this leads to the staining.
2. Taking dark colored drinks such as black coffee and coke: these two have a very strong color pigment that gets stuck on the teeth leading to staining.
3. Poor dental hygiene: Normally, when we eat a coating of plaque forms on the surface of the tooth. Brushing one’s teeth removes this coating. However, when a person is not keen about brushing, this plaque becomes a permanent yellow discoloration on the teeth.
4. The excessive use of dental products that contain fluoride also causes discoloration.
The process of bleaching is normally performed at the dentist’s office. The dentist will apply the peroxide based bleaches on the teeth and leave them for a while. After a few hours, they will remove the bleach and clean your teeth. If the staining is too deep, the dentist may have to use micro-abrasion to remove the affected layers of the teeth.
Why use a dentist?
There are people that do not understand why a dentist is needed for whitening when one can buy the bleaches from a shop. Here are some reasons:
1. The results are instantly noticeable.
2. The dentist will know the right amount to use to avoid the formation of a permanent bluish discoloration.
3. The dentist will avoid overuse which could lead to sensitivity and permanent discoloration.
The experts in Teeth Whitening in Lafayette LA will help remove the stains and give you that perfect smile that you dream of.