Reasons to Have a Prospective Home Inspected for Asbestos before Buying
Posted by Daniel Lawrence on April, 2020
is a material created from six naturally occurring fibrous minerals
that were used during the construction of residential and commercial
properties for several years to insulate the building. The material
was extremely popular because the fibers are fire resistant and that
does not breakdown as easily. However, asbestos was banned in 1980
from being used when building a new home due to the health problems
the material could cause when it is inhaled. While it is not used in
newer homes, older ones pose the risk of having asbestos that can be
dangerous for you and your family. Making it essential to have
asbestos testing in Tulsa, OK performed before purchasing a home.
Especially, older ones that were built before the material was banned
Test the Home
- Asbestos is known to cause health issues with lungs such as cancer, mesothelioma, and pleural plaques that create respiratory problems and can be fatal.
- Asbestos Inspections in Tulsa, OK should be completed by a trained professional.
- An expert will know how to perform the testing and the steps that should be taken to protect everyone from being exposed to asbestos.
- It can be extremely expensive to remove asbestos from home, it is not a simple fact of getting rid of the material. There are precise steps required by OSHA and EPA that must be completed to remove asbestos.
- If the substance is found, you can negotiate with the seller to reduce the cost of the home to reflect how much it will cost to remove asbestos from the dwelling.
What You are Buying with a Home Inspection Service
A home is one of the largest investments that people make during their lifetime. When investing a large amount of money, it is important to know exactly what you are purchasing before you close on the home. Stronghold Environmental offers affordable services that can save their customers money in the future when they purchase a new home. Browse the site for more information.
Be the first to like.