Auto insurance coverage is variable, however, having it is mandatory. It is broken down into six different types, which include collision, liability, protection against uninsured motorists, comprehensive, medical and personal injury and finally, no-fault.
Since 2013, drivers in Alabama must insure their vehicles. To meet the requirements of the Mandatory Liability Insurance Law, drivers in Gulf Shores AL, and throughout the state, must have liability insurance. Liability insurance helps to pay for damage and injury that you cause to others should you be involved in an accident. In Alabama, the minimum coverage must include:
- $25,000 per person (injury or death)
- $50,000 per incident (injury or death), and
- $25,000 property damage
Liability insurance, which is the legal minimum that drivers must have, does not cover damage to your car or injury to you or others in your vehicle. Insurance companies offer vehicle owners other types of cover, which is designed to cover costs that liability insurance does not.
- Collision: Covers the cost of repairing your car up to the insured amount
- Comprehensive: Covers the cost of repairing your car when the damage caused was out of your control, for example, damage from hail
- Medical: Covers the cost of medical bills up to the insured amount
- Uninsured Motorist: Helps in the event you are involved in an accident with a driver that is either uninsured or underinsured
Auto Insurance Plans
Liability insurance is mandatory in Alabama; as such, this coverage is available to all licensed drivers in the state. For high-risk drivers that cannot afford even the minimum coverage, insurance is available through ALAIP, Alabama Auto Insurance Plan.
When first applying for auto insurance, the company will consider certain things when determining the annual premium amount. These factors include your driving record, age, gender, your vehicle, etc.
There are discounts available for those with a good driving record and those who insure multiple vehicles. Taking full advantage of the available discounts is a great way to find affordable car insurance in Gulf Shores AL.
If you are looking for auto insurance, you are invited to contact Coastal Alabama Insurance & Financial Services in Gulf Shores AL. For further information and a quotation, visit https://www.coastalalabamainsurance.com. Like us on our facebook page.
3 people like this post.