Motorcycle accidents can be truly devastating. In most car accidents, the focus is on property damage. However, with a motorcycle accident, a lawyer must deal with consequences that are more serious. More often than not, the result is debilitating injury if not death. If the operator is not wearing a helmet (and certain riders over 21 in Houston, TX are exempt from doing so), the results usually include serious damage to the skull, brain and spinal cord. Frequently, the ultimate result is multiple injuries that affect the individual’s quality of life.
Why Hire a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer?
If you want justice for yourself or your loved one, hiring an accident attorney may be the only way to achieve it. They will work with you to help you obtain what you deserve from an often hostile defendant. A lawyer will be able to:
- Prepare the paperwork necessary for the case
- Deliver the right documents within the statute of limitations, to the right court in the right Houston jurisdiction
- Ensure your case includes the economic requirements necessary to meet your financial obligations as well as the medical, psychological and emotional costs of the accident
- Compile the evidence and present it
- Handle the insurance company or companies
- Make sure the fault for the incident is clearly with the other party ensuring the “modified comparative negligence rule” does not apply to any of your actions. In other words, the percentage of negligence on your behalf causing the accident is nil. If this is not the case, the attorney will make sure your percentage of fault is minimal
- Argue your case effectively in court if an agreeable settlement is not reached making such an action necessary
Overall, a specialist in this field – a motorcycle accident lawyer, will work with you and your family to make certain you obtain the justice you deserve.
If you are involved in a vehicle or Motorcycle Accident, a Lawyer in Houston at the Ferrell Law Firm, P.C., will help you receive the justice you deserve for your injuries and other damages. If you want an honest, hardworking and experienced professional to handle your case, contact Steve Farrell online at http://ferrell-lawfirm.com/.
Be the first to like.