Five Symptoms That Mean Your Dog Needs to Be Taken to the Animal Hospital in San Diego
Posted by Daniel Lawrence on January, 2018
No dog owner wants to face a true medical emergency with their beloved pet. Unfortunately, health issues can seem to arise with very little or even no warning. It is vital dog owners are able to recognize the symptoms that might occur when their dog needs to be taken to the Animal Hospital in San Diego.
Five Symptoms Dog Owners Should Never Ignore
While there are some symptoms that would only require a dog owner to make an appointment with their veterinarian, there are some that require emergency intervention. Waiting too long to seek medical treatment for a dog that is in distress could lead to possible death. If any of the following symptoms are present, it behooves a dog owner to take their dog to the Animal Hospital in San Diego.
- When a dog is having trouble breathing, their life can be in danger. The symptoms of breathing difficulty include blue gums, foaming at the mouth, constant panting, and stretching the neck and head when breathing.
- If a dog has a bloated and swollen abdomen, the owner needs to take immediate action and seek medical care. Abdominal bloating can be caused by serious health complications and should never be ignored.
- Constant vomiting needs to be addressed by an emergency medical visit. This can cause quick dehydration and eventual death if left untreated. It is important to seek immediate medical attention if blood is present in the vomit.
- Constant diarrhea is also dangerous and should not be ignored, especially when a dog has bloody stools. A veterinarian can perform testing that will lead to a proper diagnosis and treatment.
- If a dog’s gums suddenly become very pale, this can mean they have internal bleeding and this could lead to their death. If this symptom is noticed, it is important a dog owner seeks immediate treatment for their dog.
Learn More Today
If you would like to learn more about emergency medical services for your dog, visit Animalemergencysd.com. They offer a wide array of emergency medical services for animals in the San Diego area. Call the office today if you need medical services for your pet.
Tweet us on Twitter!
Be the first to like.