Don’t Try to Represent Yourself After Being Injured in an Accident

Posted by Daniel Lawrence on August, 2019

After being injured in a car accident, you may be eligible for compensation for the injuries that you suffered. You’ll want to work with car accident lawyers that have helped countless victims and their families through the personal injury claim and lawsuit processes.

Don’t Try to Represent Yourself
Some auto accident victims have the mistaken belief that they can competently represent themselves against a multi-billion-dollar insurance company. That’s when opposing insurance companies have claimants right where they want them. They’ll make mistakes that irreparably harm their claims or lawsuits and walk away with little or nothing. Experienced car accident lawyers in Oklahoma City, OK, don’t make such mistakes. Your right to compensation remains fully preserved.

Don’t Give a Statement of Any Kind
Expect the opposing insurance company to start setting up its defense fast. That’s likely to start by a phone call from its representative who purports to be “just checking to see how you’re doing.” Nothing could be further from the truth. The representative will be asking you for a recorded statement, and the insurer will intend on using that statement against you in the future to attack your credibility. That’s the real purpose of the phone call. Oklahoma law doesn’t require you to give that statement, so politely refuse to give it, and call us to arrange for a free consultation and case review.

Your car accident might have been caused by a distracted, fatigued, speeding, drunk or drugged driver. He or she might have even been uninsured or underinsured. We might still be able to help. You can arrange for a free consultation and case review with our car accident lawyers in Oklahoma City, OK. You can tell us what happened and how it happened, and we can answer your questions. After that, we can map out all of the legal options that are available to you. Rather than giving that statement, contact Little, Oliver & Gallagher PLLC us instead.