Wills, Trusts and Estate Documents

Posted by Daniel Lawrence on August, 2019

If you have a spouse and children, you need to plan your estate. A will or a revocable living trust will operate to instruct where your assets go upon your death. If you don’t have a will, the State of Illinois already has a plan mapped out for you. Assets might go to somebody who you don’t want to participate in your estate, and your entire estate might be administered by somebody who you never knew in your lifetime. That’s why clearly specifying your final wishes in a proper legal instrument will help everybody in your family through a difficult interim sometime in the future. David J. Franks is a wills and trusts lawyer in Moline, IL, who can guide you through making your will. If you want to change it in the future, he can help you with that too.

Mr. Franks recommends that you consider a revocable living trust. During your lifetime, you can convey your assets into the trust, and upon your death, they’re automatically passed to the trust beneficiaries without the burden and expense of probate. If privacy is what you seek upon the passing of your estate, a revocable living trust is recommended. Like a will, a revocable living trust can be amended in the future.

Whether you decide on a will or a trust, other estate planning documents are recommended in case you become incapacitated. A consultation can be had on those documents too. As a wills and trusts lawyer in Moline, IL, David J. Franks understands the confidential and sensitive nature of discussing your final wishes.

Anything can happen tomorrow or the next day. The estate plan that Illinois has for you if you die without a will won’t be satisfactory. Call David J. Franks at 563-362-3288 or email him at http://davidjfranklaw.com/contact/ for a consultation.

Be the first to like.
Be Sociable, Share!