Tips On Choosing A Place For Pet Boarding in Mt. Vernon
Posted by Daniel Lawrence on June, 2017
Everybody wants to know that their beloved pet is in good hands if they must leave out of town on vacation or for business. Picking the right kennel, however, can provide a great deal of stress for a pet owner if they have never had to place their pet in the care of others. Here are a few tips to follow to make the process easier and less stressful.
- Talk to the animal’s veterinarian about who they would recommend. Obviously, the vet has only the best interests of the pet at heart so they would never recommend any place that was not safe and trustworthy. On the same note, one could always ask the pet store who they send pet owners to when Pet Boarding in Mt. Vernon is needed.
- While the price may be a factor, the pet owner will still want their animal to be happy when they are gone. Remember that the more inexpensive a kennel is, the higher the likelihood they will be spending their time being cooped up in rows of small cages. The high-priced kennels tend to give the pets more freedom to move around and play and is almost a resort for the pet while their owner is gone.
- The pet owner should make sure to visit the kennel for Pet Boarding in Mt. Vernon by themselves to check it out first. While brochures and websites always make the place look good, the responsible pet owner will want to know what the facility looks like in real life. Click here for more details.
- Ask what kind of vet care will be provided in case an accident happens or they get sick while they are there. This is an absolute must as the lack of proper health care could be disastrous, especially if the boarding is for a long-term period.
- Make sure the kennel has a solid reputation, such as Canine Country Club And Cattery Inc. The longer the business has been around, the more likely it is they offer great care to the pets and let the pet owner travel or vacation with as little worry as possible. Both the pet and the pet owner deserve no less.
Be the first to like.