Taking care of your child’s health involves many aspects. A big part of caring for their teeth means making sure their smile stays healthy. Though you may know the basics of providing oral care for your child, there are some hints you may not be aware of. This information will help you to know exactly how to care for your child’s teeth and gums, so they can have a healthy smile. Proper oral care helps to prevent cavities and gum disease, both of which can affect their adult teeth. With the proper care, your child can have a healthy smile for life.
Helpful Tips for Keeping Your Child’s Teeth Healthy and Strong
1. One of the most important things you can do for your child is to make sure they are seen by the
2. Children Dentist in Clifton Park NY
3. at least twice a year. During these visits, they will receive important preventative care, so their teeth and gum health is monitored. Children are not see by the dentist on a regularly often end up suffering with cavities and gum disease.
4. Oral care practices should begin as soon as possible. Before your child even has teeth, you will need to begin cleansing the gums with a soft cloth. This helps to keep the gum tissue healthy, encourages the teeth to cut through when they are ready and prepares your child for oral care practices, when a toothbrush will be introduced.
5. Your child will not be ready to brush his or her own teeth, without supervision, until around the age of eight. It is important you observe your child carrying out good oral hygiene practices, so you can make sure these tasks are being carried out correctly.
6. A healthy diet is just as important as good oral care. Make sure your child eats a wide variety of fruits and vegetables and drinks plenty of water. Sugary drinks should be avoided and fruit juice should be kept to a minimum.
To schedule your child’s appointment with the Children Dentist in Clifton Park NY, contact Capital District Pediatric Dentistry. They will provide your child with the dental care needed, to ensure a healthy a beautiful smile.