Mouth cancer is a type of cancer that is just as deadly, if not more, than the other type of cancers out there today. The best way to prevent yourself from contracting this deadly disease is by having regular checkups with a Chicago dentist. However, many people avoid the dentist until they absolutely have no choice but to make that appointment. Whether it’s out of a dental phobia or just not having the time to go to the dentist, it’s important to know the signs and symptoms of oral cancer, so you can get help before it’s too late. With that in mind, read on below for a few of the signs to watch for.
What Are the Causes?
The first thing your Chicago dentist wants you to know if the causes of oral cancer. They are listed below.
* Excessive drinking of alcohol
* Poor dental hygiene, such as not brushing, flossing, or going in for regular dental checkups
* Factors associated with diet
* HPV may increase your chances
What are the Symptoms?
Now, that you know some of the causes, it’s time to look at the signs and symptoms of oral cancer.
* White or red patches that have formed anywhere in your mouth
* A lump in your throat, on your tongue, in your mouth, or on your gums
* Numbness and bleeding in the mouth
* It’s painful to chew or swallow
* You feel like there is something stuck in your throat
* Loose teeth or dentures that feel uncomfortable
* Weight loss
* Lumps or a lump in your neck
These are just a few of the causes and signs and symptoms that you might have oral cancer. In and of themselves, they might not be a problem, but you need to see your Chicago dentist right away to let him make that determination. For more information, contact the professionals at the Art of Modern Dentistry for help.
1 person likes this post.