Gutters are one of the most important exterior features of a house because they protect the house from the damaging effects of rain water. Gutters catch rain water that runs down the slope of the roof and then diverts that water so that it does not cascade down the exterior walls. All of this water can cause mold, flooding, and even damage to the foundation. Thus, it is important to keep gutters cleaned and well-maintained. Unfortunately, gutters will eventually need to be replaced.
The lifespan of gutters depends on the material used to construct them. Copper gutters, for example, may last 50 years, while aluminum gutters will need to be replaced after 20 years. Damage from fallen limbs could shorten a gutter’s life. However, a homeowner may have no idea when gutters were installed or what damage they may have sustained in the past. Consequently, it is important to recognize the following signs that it is time for Gutter Replacement in Denver CO.
1) There is standing water and/or mold in the basement. Gutter failure is one of the most common causes of basement flooding because too much water goes into the ground around the foundation. Mold can thrive in the excess moisture.
2) There is visible damage to the exterior of your house such as peeling paint or rotting wood, especially behind the gutters. This can be a sign that your gutters are no longer flush with the roof or that they are clogged or damaged.
3) There is visible damage to the gutters themselves such as sagging, pulling away from the side of the house, or separating where the pipes join together. Significant areas of rust are another sign to look for.
4) There are nails, screws or fasteners on the ground. These may indicate that the gutter is wearing down.
5) There are signs of erosion of soil near the foundation. There may be standing water or channels in the soil indicating that rainwater is not being diverted away from the house.
6) There is visible damage to the foundation. Too much groundwater can shift the earth around the foundation of a house, causing it to crack.
If you suspect that you need Gutter Replacement in Denver CO, you might check out Blue Spruce Construction Group. They have been in the business for over 25 years and come highly recommended.
Be the first to like.