Have Your Roof Inspected by a Professional Each Year
Posted by Daniel Lawrence on April, 2016
There are several areas of a building that play a role in making a sound structure. From the foundation to the roof, you want to make sure that your residential or commercial property is well-maintained. If you neglect to provide the proper maintenance to keep the structure in top shape, you could be facing expensive repairs or replacement to fix any damage caused to the building. The roof is a vital part of any building, it provides shelter to the inside of the structure and prevents the elements from coming inside. That is why it is important that each year, the roof be inspected for any weak spots or damaged roof shingles in St. Augustine area. An expert would beneficial as they have the experience and knowledge required to inspect a roof. They know the signs to look for and the most common areas for damage to occur.
Signs that Asphalt Shingles will need to be replaced
- If the shingles begin cupping is a sure sign that the shingles should be replaced. This is when the center of the shingle begins to lower and the ends raise up.
- Thermal cracking is when the fiberglass mat of the roof is too thing and can become susceptible to tearing. This can occur from the different environments that the roofing is exposed to.
- When the space between the tabs begin to spread apart and are wider at the bottom than at the top is called fish-mouthing. This can occur from the high moisture condition on the inside of the building and the venting to the roof is poor.
- Over time shingles will begin to curl with age causing the material to become brittle. You can usually find this around the edges of the shingles.
- The granular of the shingles begin to wear away and exposing the asphalt to the ultraviolet rays that can destroy the shingles.
A Professional Roofing Company has the Experience You Require
To the untrained eye, it can be difficult to spot the signs of shingles that need to be replaced. While most people would not know what to look for or where, an expert has the training and experience required to check in the most hidden spots. You do not have to let your roof become so damaged the whole area will need to be replaced. By contacting a professional to come out and inspect your roof can reduce how much it cost to repair the damage.
Be the first to like.