There are many different types of physical and mental health issues that are treated through the use of acupuncture. Although part of Traditional Chinese Medicine, acupuncture has gained significant standing even with western medicine, and many doctors throughout Europe, North American and around the world recommend this treatment option to their patients.
In Seattle, traditional western medicine doctors may recommend acupuncture for a wide range of different conditions. The treatment is most often recommended for pain management, particularly for pain in the lower back. Chronic types of back pain, muscle tension and even stress and strain can be easily alleviated with the use of acupuncture.
In studies of patients, a month to five weeks of sessions at least twice a week resulted in the relief of pain for up to six months after treatment is completed. This is also without the health risks and potential side effects of NSAIDs and prescription pain relievers.
Additional Benefits and Treated Conditions
However, in addition to pain management, there are a several other very important reasons to consider the use of acupuncture from a trained Traditional Chinese Medicine doctor. These include but are not limited to the treatment of”
- Migraines – for individuals with chronic headaches and migraines, traditional or electroacupuncture over a 4 week period can help to reduce incidents and severity of the headaches that did occur.
- Menopause – the different hormonal changes during menopause can lead to significant discomfort for many women. Through the use of acupuncture these symptoms, including regulating hot flashes, can be dramatically reduced.
- Digestive problems – for acid reflux, heartburn and digestive disturbances, acupuncture is highly effective in assisting the body to monitor or to regulate the production of digestive acids. This results in fewer problems with hot flashes and even the anxiety and mood swings that can be associated with hormonal imbalances.
- Immune system support – by stimulating specific points the acupuncturist can help the body’s own immune system to perform more effectively. This can be very helpful with seasonal types of illnesses as well as in the ability of the body to fight infections and inflammation.
- Sleep and anxiety – often tension and stress is carried in the body as well as in the mind. Through the use of acupuncture, which will remove blockages in the energy flow in the body, known as Qi, and allow the tension, stress and pressure to naturally move out of the body.
The results of acupuncture for patients in Seattle are measurable. Many patients will experience the first benefits of the treatment on their first visit, providing the relief they have been seeking. Find more information.
Be the first to like.